Monday, October 18, 2010

18 Months

This past Saturday, Christian was officially 18 months old. I still can't believe that he is already a year and a half, but it's true! I feel like I was heading to the hospital to have him yesterday, and now he is such a big boy. Time is going by WAY too fast these days, I wish someone would figure out a way to slow things down for a minute so I can take it all in. 


We celebrated Christian's "half birthday" yesterday, and yes he got a little spoiled. He has mastered drinking from a straw, so we got him some new sippy cups that have a straw. He picked out his own Halloween costume this year, and decided that he is going to be Buzz Lightyear (and he is super cute in his costume)! Brandon's parents came over and brought him a little broom so he can be just like his daddy sweeping up the acorns in the driveway, and they got him a little lawn mower and a new book. He was so excited about all his new stuff! 


The biggest thing that happened yesterday was getting Christian a "potty seat" and he was so excited about it! We have been letting him stand at the potty before he gets in the bath at night and see if he would do anything, which he hadn't until yesterday. So, last night before his bath I put him on his seat, and he looked at me with this huge grin, then proceeded to pee-pee in the potty for the first time ever!!! I was so proud of him, and he was really cute clapping for himself. Brandon and I made a huge deal about it, and I know that he was really proud of himself too! I got him on the potty a few times today but he hasn't gone in the potty again yet. I'm not rushing him, just taking the time for him to get familiar with sitting there and knowing what he is suppose to be doing while he sits. It's a work in progress, but I honestly think he will have it down pretty quickly. 


I am just so proud of Christian for being the wonderful, beautiful, happy, energetic, chatty, funny, smart, lovable little boy that he is. These past 18 months have been the best of my life!! We couldn't ask for more! 


Many Blessings, 
Vanessa  

No comments:

Post a Comment