Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crazy Wasp!!

So, right outside our back door we have this crazy bush, that is half dead, and yet seems to be multiplying around the deck. I asked Brandon a while ago to go out there and try to control this plant, and then he found it. Behind the dead part of the bush, stuck to the fence, he found a big wasp's nest. There were just eggs on the nest at this point, but apparently we are procrastinators around here, and didn't buy any wasp spray until about 2 weeks later. Well, by this time there are baby wasps all over the nest. GROSS! 

I proceded to spray the nest and was almost certain that I killed them all. This past Tuesday, I was making some grilled chicken for dinner. Brandon went out and started the grill for me, then he noticed a wasp flying around the oning over the front door. So, I got my trusty wasp spray, and sprayed it and another tiny nest from the back yard. Sure in my aiming skills with the spray, I proceed to put the chicken on the grill and cook dinner. I went out again to flip the chicken (spray close by just in case), and there was that same wasp around that spot on the fence where I had killed the first nest. I started to spray this wasp, that apparently refuses to die, and it came FLYING at my face!! I sprayed that stuff everywhere, screamed something fierce, and ran back in the house. While all this is happening, Brandon is watching from inside, cracking up because I'm so terrified of this wasp. I told him that I was not going back out there because now this crazy wasp is VERY mad at me, since I have unsuccessfully tried to kill it about 4 times. Brandon told me that there was nothing to worry about, and that I killed it that last time. Well right about the time he was saying all this, Christian and I are looking out the back doors, when that wasp comes flying toward the door and lands on the glass. Ok, now I know this thing is after me! It walked around on the glass, just looking at me. Needless to say I made Brandon go get the chicken off the grill, because I was ready to let it burn and make something else for dinner before going back out there! 

Wednesday night my girls came over to hang out for a bit. We were all standing out in the backyard chatting, and wouldn't you know it, here comes that wasp again! Are you serious? I have tried to kill this thing so many times, and it just refuses to die! So, again I got the spray, and tried once more to get rid of this pest. No such luck. I have yet to kill this crazy wasp in the backyard, and I know it is out there waiting for the opportune moment to sting me. Hopefully I will get this thing under control soon. Crazy wasp! 

Many Blessings,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment