Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mean Ole Teeth!

Last night was like every other night; Christian gets his bath, a bottle, some snuggle time, then off to bed. Well, for some reason, I could not go to sleep. I stayed up watching some TV, and around midnight, I heard Christian start to fuss. This being very unusual, I checked the monitor, only to see him sitting up in his bed crying. I went in his room to see what the problem was, and was hit with an awful smell as I entered. I picked him up and he was soaked! He had thrown up everything that he had eaten during the day. I immediately woke Brandon up for some assistance, and it was certainly needed! My poor son had it everywhere! Brandon stripped his bed and got a load of laundry started with a quickness. 

While all this is going on, I'm trying to comfort my little man who has NEVER thrown up like that before. I don't know if there is anything worse than having a sick child, and there is nothing you can really do for them. He was so pitiful! Christian was running a fever, and wouldn't take any pedialite. All I could do was hold him and sing. When he finally went back to sleep, I put him back in his bed (with some fresh sheets and blankets). About an hour later he woke again, but this time no mess. I tried the bottle again, but he refused. So, we layed on the couch, and slept. My awesome dog decided to wake us up again about another hour later, and that just set him off. He couldn't get situated, so I put him back in his bed. After about 15 minutes of fighting it, he finally fell asleep around 2am. 

I guess he felt better after emptying his stomach, because he slept the rest of the night, and didn't wake up until almost 9:30am. Of course I still woke up about 5 times throughout the night to check on him, but he was fine. See, he is cutting his molars, and I had no idea how rough this process could be. I'm sure that the whole incident was due to the teething, and the temp that he was running because of that. Today he was totally fine, but we did stick to the bland foods. I just pray that those teeth come through really quick, because I hate seeing my angel in pain. Hopefully tonight will be quiet and restful for me and my family. I'll keep you all posted on the progress of those mean ole teeth! 

Many Blessings, 
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment