Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

This Memorial Day weekend was a family filled weekend for us. To start the weekend off right, my mom took Friday off. Christian and I spent the day with her and Paris (my brother's girlfriend) at the pool. Christian absolutely loves being at the pool, which is a good thing since summers in Texas are insanely hot! Seriously, in the past 4 weeks, we have made it to the pool at least 3 days a week. I love it!

Saturday and Sunday we didn't do too much. Brandon went to a free concert with his dad, and they had a blast. Monday however, we drove down to Lake Whitney to see my family, and had our traditional ribs cookout to celebrate Memorial Day. Christian had a great time, once again, playing in the pool. His little cousin, Anthony, was there too. It was so cute to see them playing together. Christian also had his FIRST experience with my family's famous ribs. (we have a secret recipe for the sauce, and I'll just tell you that they are the best ribs ever!) We gave him some of the rib bones that still had some meat on them, and oh my goodness did he have a good time with them! Then we had some delicious watermelon to top it off.


It was an all around great weekend for the Hayes family! We got to spend some time with family, and get some down time too. I hope that you all had a fantastic weekend as well.

Thank you again to all the troops who have served, and are still serving our country. It's because of you all that we get to enjoy all our freedoms, and time with our family. 


Many Blessings,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment