Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What a Day!

Last night, while trying to fall asleep, I began to have a bit of a panic attack. I knew that today I would be dropping Christian off at our church for about half the day, and I would be leaving the campus. I know it seems a little silly for me to freak out, but you need to know where I'm coming from on this. Christian goes to his class when we attend regular services, and he is in there for two hours at the most. We have struggled, for most of his short little life, with being called out of the service to get him...almost every week. He has recently gotten much better and stays in class the whole time, which Brandon and I appreciate since we can actually listen to what Pastor is saying.  

Well, I signed up to do a womens bible study through church, which meets on Tuesday mornings this summer. Each study is held at someone's house (close to the church) and is about 3 hours long each time. Best of all, our pastors have graciously provided FREE childcare for all of us during this time. We drop the kids off at church, and out we go. I guess last night it finally sank in, that I would be dropping him off, and would not be right down the hall to come rescue him if he needed me. I would be a few blocks away, which doesn't seem like much, but to me it was MILES!   

When I handed him over to the ladies, he screamed something fierce, and my heart started to break! He looked at me with the most pitiful little face, and I could have cried right along with him. I found enough strength to walk away from my crying baby, and went to pull myself together in the restroom. When I came out, I thought for sure I would hear him crying from down the hall. Much to my surprise, I heard nothing. As I peaked in the window, I saw him sitting at a little table, in a little chair, next to some little friends, eating some cheerios. I was so proud of him in that moment! 

I went on to my bible study in the best mood. It was a great time with some awesome women of God, and we had some yummy food to top it off! Much to my surprise, my phone never rang. I had a thought in the back of my mind, that they might have to call me to come get him for some reason. But, my big boy did great! When I got there to pick him up, he was asleep in a ladies arms, wrapped in his blanket, being rocked. They told me that he was very good, and had just recently gotten sleepy. Other than that, he did awesome!


I am still so proud of Christian, and myself, that we both made it through our first daycare scenario. I know that the time apart will be good for us both in the long run. He will enjoy spending some time with kids his own age, and I know I will enjoy some fellowship with some ladies from church. Hopefully the drop off thing will get easier every time. I'm just so blessed to be able to stay home with him everyday, and at the same time so blessed to be able to have some time with adults too.


Many Blessings,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment